Using data science to find new solutions to old problems
Problem solving is at the heart of our business. Our technically curious data scientists and engineering experts thrive on finding solutions to our customers’ business challenges.
A data-driven approach
Data science has the potential to uncover solutions to problems quicker and more effectively than ever before.
We take a data-driven approach to solving some of the most challenging problems facing the oil and gas industry today using data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and engineering expertise.
A new perspective
Typically, in the oil and gas industry we have approached problems through an engineering lens. After all, engineering is about understanding what is happening, framing a problem and finding solutions. Data science is the same.
OPEX's data science solutions help to approach problems from a new perspective by uncovering the valuable information that is hidden within our customers’ existing data. Through discrete projects we help our customers to frame problems, reveal new insights and seek out new solutions.
Types of challenges we can help to tackle
We have an established track record of helping customers to address a range of operational and compliance challenges.
- Oil in Water – reveal the key factors that are contributing to good and bad oil in water, anticipate and predict when bad oil in water may occur and identify specific actions that can minimise your environmental impact. Read the case study here.
- Process/Plant Optimisation - use your data to gain a detailed understanding of system performance and drive significant improvements in production. Areas covered include:
- gas compressor optimisation
- gas lift optimisation
- water injection optimisation
- well/choke/slugging optimisation
- NGL management
- dew point management
- pump configuration optimisation
- Asset Diligence – understand the effectiveness of existing maintenance regimes, quantify the current health/risk for your asset; reveal opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- System Start-Up - using data to reveal new insights and identify optimum start-up sequencing to limit start-up attempts, avoid maintenance costs and increase system uptime.